Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our Last Little Trip

Today my family and I spent the day at Burdette Park. We had so much fun. I don't remember it being so nice...being that it has been so many years ago, since I was there last. First, we had a picnic. Emma loved it. It is sad to say, but I believe this is the first picnic she has been on. After the picnic we spent the rest of the day swimming. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed every minute. I hated to see it come to an end.
Unfortunately, this will be our last little family trip until we head to Utah in October. I will be starting back to school on Monday to finish up my last year. I have mixed emotions. I am extremely excited about finishing school, but I am also very sad to be leaving my girls. Emma has always loved to be with other kids. Last night she wanted to have a "sleepover". We have had enough of those for a while. :) I know she is definatley ready to go back to Trena's and play with the other kids. Josie on the other hand, is a total MOMMY'S GIRL! Everyone always gives me a hard time, but I have to admit I LOVE IT!! I am afraid that because she is going to be spending the majority of the day away from me, she will no longer need me as much. I am really having a hard time with this. I have treasured every moment with Josie because I know how quickly they grow up. Please be thinking of my family and I this week as I start back to school.

3 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

looks like you guys had a great time! It inspired me to want to go swimming today! :) Don't be too worried about lil Jo bug. She will always need and want her mommy no matter how big she is! good luck at school...

Ramona said...

sounds like a great day! glad to hear i'm not the only one with mixed emotions about going back to school...i'm ready for the last (yay!!) year but i've really enjoyed my summer with the kids. i'm always sad when it's time for them to go back to school. :o( reegan and i have been adjusting to the older three being gone during the day...she really misses them. ok, kids' bathtime....see you tomorrow.

Chelsa said...

your last year though! that's so exciting!! i know i was super glad to be done in may!!