Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blessed

Tonight I finally got one of those quiet evenings that all of us with children long for. Scott has a fishing tournement every Wednesday throughout the summer and both of my girls were in bed early. As I rocked Emma to sleep this evening she asked me to sing Jesus Loves Me to her. As I sang, I looked at her and looked out the window of my house and realized how much God has blessed me. The first thing that comes to mind is my family. God has blessed me with an amazing family, in-laws and all! :) God has also blessed me with some amazing friends. Besides my sister Lacy, whom most of you know I could not live without, I love sharing life with my friends Lacy Jeffers and Ashley Seal. I get to spend most of my week with them at school. We have shared many personal stories and gone through some life changing moments together. I will cherish these girls and our friendships long after school is over. I know that Lacy D. and Lacy J. check my blog often so I just want you both to know how much I thank God each day for you.

4 comments:

The Jeffers Clan said...

Oh my goodness...You are too sweet. You made me cry! You know I've been doing that lately! I love you too and thank God for you because you girls are such a big part of my life and I don't know how I would get through some of my days without you. We had a wonderful day today with many laughs...you know the nonstopping ones that you just can't get to go away. Ashley and I continued this to Jasper and on way home. We were trying to order at Taco Bell and couldn't even get it out:) I'll tell you bout it more later. I truly am thankful for you three and you will remain my best friends for life. I promise! I love you all!

Lacy said...

Ok serious I am having an emotional night any way and I read this and cried and cried and am still crying! I love you so much big sis!! Our family and friends are amazing and we have been truly blessed and God always takes such wonderful care of us.... I don't know what I would without Emma making me laugh all the time especially tonight when she said "I have applesauce in my panties" haha

Ramona said...

wow, are you girls emotional or what?!! :o) but, seriously, how lucky you are to have friendships like this in your life!! it's nice to have sisters and friends that you know will be there, no matter what. ;)

Jamie Truelove said...

Hey Jamie! Haven't seen you guys for way too long...I've been all your postings to catch up...Ur family is so wonderful...Brooke and I were just talking a couple weeks ago about how blessed we were to have Godly parents...anyway, my blog is titled "hearts to heaven"...look me up...I'm new to the blogger thing and my blog is pretty ugly...pictures are bad, but I'm getting there one step at a time.