Thursday, October 9, 2008

Finally Free...

Well, I should be packing for our trip out West, but I have decided to blog instead.
It has been awhile since I posted, so I will try to catch you up.

A few weeks ago Emma spent the night with her Aunt Lacy and 4 of her cousins. She had a wonderful time, but came home sick on Saturday morning. She was complaining of feeling sick to her stomach. After Emma arrived home she went into the bathroom and vomited. Apparently the problem was she had engorged herself with to much CHOCOLATE. Can you imagine eating so much chocolate that you throw up?

Last Saturday my mom and I took the girls to Lark Ranch and let them pick out their pumpkins, or should I say let Emma pick out the pumpkins for her and Josie. We had a great time. Emma loved riding the ponies and going on a hayride. I only wanted to spend about an hour there and ended up spending about 4. Oh well, it was great to be able to spend some much needed time with my girls.

Lastly, I need to post about my little sweetheart, Josie. Josie had a minor eye procedure done yesterday. Both of my girls were born with clogged tear ducts. I know what are the odds. Anyway, the procedure consists of (hope this doesn't get to graphic) sticking a metal rod through the corner of the eye and down through the nose to open the membrane. This is also done without any kind of anesthetic, just a little topical ointment. I know sounds painful and by the looks of my daughter yesterday it was! The doctor ask me to leave not just the office but the building. Yah, they scream that loud. When I finally got to go in and get her she had bloody tears and blood coming out her nose. Anyway, she is doing fine now and looks like a "new women".

I will leave you with a few pictures from Lark Ranch. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Emma and the pony


Emma and her grandma enjoying cotton candy




Me and my girls


Not to sure about the corn


The "perfect" pumpkin

4 comments:

Guatmama said...

Looks like a lot of fun, I remember their tear duct problems, poor babies. Hope she is better today!

Leah Robinson said...

OMG, that poor little baby! I remember Alli had a little tear duct problem, but it ended up going away on it's own! Looks like you guys had fun at the Ranch! We are going the weekend after next! Can't wait :)

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Bless it! That story makes me cringe every time I hear you explain that procedure. But, Im glad to hear she is doing better. Ekk! Anything would be better. ha Have a great vaca. I will be crying from stress of moving. Welcome to pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

I"m glad everything turned out ok, and that you guys got thru that. I can't imagine. Cute pics too! Too funny about the chocolate!