Thursday, June 25, 2009

Long Overdue

I decided that this was going to be the day I made my first official post in a very long while. Where I even start is beyond me. I believe I will begin with the most recent occasion within our family and go from there. Enjoy!

First, today is my first born Emma's birthday. She is officially 4 years old. I am going to reminisce for a moment. When I found out I was pregnant with Emma it was quite a surprise. I was so nervous about being a mom. I wanted to only eat the "right" foods and be the perfect mother who had her child on the "perfect" schedule. Boy did God have other things in mind for me. When Emma was born she was perfect in every way. I remember looking at her and thanking God for blessing me with such a beautiful and healthy little girl. Emma was named after her great-great grandma who was still alive when she was born. What a blessing for my Emma. My great grandma passed away soon after Josie was born. When we brought Emma home it was 95 degrees feeling something like today. I could not take her out for very long that summer because very quickly she would get a heat rash. I remember being so depressed because I could not spend those moments with my friends who were laying poolside or boating...see none of my friends had babies at the time that I had Emma. Months later I learned that I had what is called post-partum depression. It was not talked about as often as it is now. Don't get me wrong I loved my daughter, but I also loved my life the way it was pre-baby. I never had thoughts of endangering my daughter just alot of anxiety and depression. Emma also had colic and reflux. Now we all know what an adjustment it is as a first time parent, but having a baby with colic and reflux is emotionaly and mentally draining. After many months she overcame the colic and reflux. I thank the Lord everyday for my wonderful and supportive family who helped me through those first few months, especially my mom. Without them and the support of my husband I don't know how I would have made it through. Fast forward 4 years later and I am the proud mother of the most beautiful 4 year old who has such a zest for life and who wants nothing more than to spend every waking minute with her family, friends, and loved ones. Emma - I love you more than you will ever know. You bring such joy to me everyday. I thank the Lord for everyday that he gives me with you. Happy birthday Emma!!!!

Enjoying her BIRTHday with friends
Photobucket

Her gift from mommy and daddy...a softball glove, softballs, and a bat
Photobucket

Emma's birthday request...fake nails (from Wal-Mart of course)
Photobucket

Singing Happy Birthday
Photobucket

Secondly, my little sister Lacy married her best friend Matthew Inman last Saturday. Lacy looked as beautiful as ever. Even though she will remain in Washington I will miss her very much with her starting her "own" life now. She is truly an amazing sister and friend. Lacy - words can never tell you how amazing you are and how you bring such joy to the people around you. I love you!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Emma and her friend Leighton
Photobucket

Next, the arrival of our beautiful baby boy, Jaxson Scott Knepp. This little guy is truly his fathers son. He has dark hair and is dark skinned. He is such a good baby and is loved not only by his mommy and daddy, but also his very protective sisters.

Introducing...Jaxson Scott Knepp
Photobucket

Josie reminding us all to be quiet
Photobucket

The big sis
Photobucket

Lastly, I graduated in May with a B.A. degree in Spec. Ed./Elem. Ed. I am so excited to be finished, but will miss seeing my life long friends each day.

Oh, did I mention we moved in March? :)

Well, I believe that pretty much sums it up for now. Everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend!

Jamie

10 comments:

The Armes Family said...

Ok first of all...did you really just have a baby...because you can't tell it...you look great!!! Jaxson is beautiful!!!! Happy Birthday Emma!!! And I can't forget Josie...I miss seeing her in the morning at Trina's...she is always there to greet me and show me something!!!

Chelsa said...

glad for the update and all the pictures! your kiddos are so cute!

Leah Robinson said...

Well I guess you have a couple reasons to be slacking on the blog hahaha!!! Congrats on everything :) Love all the pictures!!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Yay can't wait til we meet up with Small group again

Ramona said...

Wow! Thanks for the update and pics! What a beautiful family you have, Jamie. :) Lacy made such beautiful bride - love her dress - the splash of color is so very Lacy! You and Emma also looked amazing. :) Oh and, of course, Happy Birthday, Emma!!

Brandi said...

what a beautiful fam you have there!!! i love the one of josie shushing while holding jaxson, my aspen would be doing the same thing!

Abbie said...

What a crazy, busy, HAPPY life:) You guys are such a cute family and I'm so excited for all the exciting changes going on with you guys:) Love ya!!

Nicole said...

Wow where do I begin?! You look amazing!!! Jaxon is so beautiful(that makes his sound like a girl. He is such a handsome devil:) Happy birthday to you and Emma (that girl needs a tutu for those nails;) I wish I could of went to the wedding. We seriosuly need to talk about post part depression please nbaldwin15@hotmail.com. Congratulationon everything.

Brenda said...

Of course I remember you! I've wondered how you are doing at different times this summer! I read how your 1st born had colic + the PPD! Wow! You are amazing! This baby is our colicky baby and I can't imagine have PPD with it...the colic is enough to drive us crazy!
You look great BTW! Hope you are enjoying your summer!

Jessie said...

Hi Jamie!
I just checked our house blog today and saw your message! I haven't checked it in a while, so I hope you didn't leave it there forever ago!;) Thanks for the well wishes...the sell is going well. We've accepted a contingent offer and should be hearing something any day now. Btw, your children are all gorgeous and you look great!