Friday, December 19, 2008

The News Our Family Has Been Waiting For

This morning I went to see Dr. Frances for my routine check-up and to listen to the babies heartbeat. Dr. Frances had been running back and forth between the office and the hospital so I got to see Tera. She listened for the babies heartbeat but had trouble finding it. She told me it was nothing to worry about, but as any mother you do worry. We decided to do an ultrasound and there it was, kicking and moving like crazy. What a relief! The heartbeat was 142. I am sure all of you have heard that if it is a slow heartbeat it is a boy and vise versa. The ultrasound tech. asked me if I wanted to find out. There was no hesitation on my part. As soon as she started to look I saw his "precious jewels." There is no doubt it is a boy! I am thrilled and Scott is doubly. The pressure is off. As most of you know this is our last one and we are taking extreme measures to make sure. I am thrilled to be having a boy, but it kind of makes me sad that there will be no more girls. But as I said before we are all thrilled. I asked Emma what she wanted to name her brother and she said "Dr.Frances." Really??

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jamie, How exciting. They had trouble finding my baby's heartbeat one time and I know how you feel, it was pretty scary although I knew I could feel the little thing moving. Boys are lots of fun, not near the drama a girl brings!

Guatmama said...

Congrats Jamie! Boys are a bundle of fun. A whole new ballgame!

Andrea said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you...hopefully you will break the "Knepp girl mold".

Andrea

Susie said...

Congratulations Jamie! Now you'll be like us... Two girls & "The BOY"...blondies at that! ha ha.. Make sure you get lots of rest now b/c hang on little boys don't sit still!! But they have lots of hugs for their mommas!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Yay! You beat your odds. haha :) We are so happy for you and Jeff is super Relieved!

The Jeffers Clan said...

AWWW I was so excited to get your text. Our little one's heartbeat has always been around 160-170:) Maybe that means a little girl....Josh laughed and said that we have Emma and Leighton and now we could have a Knepp boy and Jeffers girl! Now I'm going to Rosies to get a onesie made:) I know Scott would love his little boy to wear a piece of clothing with a Lion on it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!

Chelsa said...

yayy for a little boy!! two new little knepp boys only a few months apart :)

Chelsa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Truelove said...

I'm so happy for you...little boys are so sweet and special...they love their mamas...but they are a challenge to keep in one piece! My 1st us at 6 wks showed a slow heartbeat (110), but doc isn't concerned...but I know how you feel to b worried...I think it get worse with every baby you have!

Leah Robinson said...

YAY! Congrats Jamie!!!

Brandi said...

congrats!! maybe this means # 3 will be a boy for us.... whenever that happens!!

Chelsa said...

Jamie- God has really put it on my heart in the last few days to be praying for all these other pregnant gals that I know! I'd love to add your name to a list on my blog that I'm going to put up, but thought I better get everyone's permission first. If you don't want to be included on the public list that's fine, I'll still be praying for you and your lil' boy. Let me know, I'm so excited about this!

Chelsa said...

yay! thanks for getting back to me :) what is your due date? june???

Nicole said...

We are so excited you are having a BOY. I can only imagine how happy grandpa, and scott are. CONGRATULATIONS.

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Thanks for your advice on the paci. We are doing really well, no huge meltdowns to report. I can't really say Im looking for the quickest way to say goodbye. Really just the way that is understandable to her?

Jen said...

Jamie, I found your blog through Courtney's blog. Such cute girls you have! Congrats on having a boy! They are so much fun! I bet your husband is excited! Take Care, Jennifer